3D Matter conducts a static linear Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to determine displacement and stress you can expect for your design, under the set of constraints and loads you provide us. The standard analysis includes the displacement and stress profiles for two manufacturing configurations that you can choose from the following:
- 3D-printed (FDM) with the material chosen and with the set of printing parameters you would like to use for this specific print: infill %, layer height, infill pattern… etc. We can also suggest optimal printing parameters for you.
- 3D-printed (SLA or SLS) with the material chosen.
- Injection molding with the material chosen.
We also give an assessment of whether the part will fail under the resulting stress profiles: we check if the areas of high stress would yield by comparing the FEA values to the yield stress data from 3D Matter’s 3D printing materials model: OptiMatter.
If you order an FEA report, you will get:
- 1/2 hour to 1 hour time with our engineers to scope the set of constraints and loads you expect
- A full report on the results we found (see example here)
- The FEA 3D visualization files for your own record and analysis
Please fill in the following form and we will get in touch with you to provide a quote:
| FEA order form