Do you intend to use your printed file as a functional part? 3D Matter can help you determine if the mechanical properties will be sufficient for your application. Get a custom 3D printing FEA report today!
3D Matter conducts a static linear Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to determine displacement and stress you can expect for your 3D design. This is done with the unique set of constraints and loads you provide to us. The standard analysis includes the displacement and stress profiles for two manufacturing configurations. You can choose from the following options:
- 3D-printed (FDM) with the material chosen and with the set of printing parameters you would like to use for this specific print: infill %, layer height, infill pattern… etc. We can also suggest optimal printing parameters for you.
- 3D-printed (SLA or SLS) with the material chosen.
- Injection molding with the material chosen.
We also give an assessment of whether the part will fail under the resulting stress profiles: we check if the areas of high stress would yield by comparing the FEA values to the yield stress data from 3D Matter’s 3D printing materials model: OptiMatter.
If you order an FEA report, you will get:
- 1/2 hour to 1 hour of one-on-one time with our engineers. This time will be used to scope the set of constraints and loads you expect for your part
- A full report on the results we found based on your criteria (see example here)
- The FEA 3D visualization files for your own record and analysis
Please fill in the following form and we will get in touch with you to provide a quote:
| FEA order form